Not for profit sector
Not-for-profit organisations face a double challenge: delivering a quality of service that chimes with your values, and doing so on a limited budget, constrained by your funding and your obligation to direct your budget at your strategic goals.
At Morr & Co, we understand these challenges and recognise the need to provide genuinely cost-effective advice that protects your assets and reputation, and preserves your capacity to deliver on your core purpose.
Many of our team have first-hand experience of working for organisations in the not-for-profit sector and operating within these constraints. A number of our lawyers hold positions as trustees, members and governors of local schools, clubs and other associations, including charities. This, together with our long experience of advising not-for-profit organisations of all sizes, means that we deliver practical legal advice that is sensitive, proportionate and cost-effective.
We work with schools and colleges, churches, hospitals, members’ clubs and sports associations, some of which have been coming back to us for advice for more than five generations.
- Constitutional, trust and tax matters
- Corporate and commercial matters including negotiating commercial contracts, charity mergers and structuring collaborations between charities
- Employment law
- Intellectual property matters such as branding and IP protection
- Dispute resolution, including litigation, mediation of trustee disputes and compliance issues
- Property matters
- Charities and Charity Commission liaison
- Support to trustees and committees