Kellie joined Morrisons in 2007 as a commercial litigator having trained and worked at a firm based in the City. Since qualification in 2004, Kellie has been successful in pursuing and defending matters through the civil courts. Kellie’s litigation practice involves high value, complex litigation flowing from business transactions, trusts and deceased estates.
Kellie has a strong practice in disputes involving company shareholders/directors, partnerships, restrictive covenants and breaches of business sale agreements. Kellie is a specialist in disputes surrounding the validity of wills, the administration of deceased estates, breach of trust, family property arrangements, the removal of executors/trustees and the bringing and defending of claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. In this sector, she represents clients in contentious applications to the Court of Protection involving statutory wills, deputyships and those involving the conduct of attorneys.
Kellie has a good eye for detail and can assimilate facts and identify the legal issues quickly. She takes a straight forward approach to her advice and is skilled at recognising practical solutions in order to maintain relationships where desirable. She always take a pragmatic approach and looks to achieve solutions swiftly.
Associations and memberships
- Associate of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Solicitors (ACTAPS)
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Charity Law Association
- Institute of Legacy Management
Something you may not know
One of Kellie’s highlights over the last 5 years is a visit to the Ice Hotel in Sweden where she spent a rather chilly night on a bed made of ice.
I cannot thank you enough for your amazing expertise, wisdom and support in these recent weeks, especially on the day of the mediation.
Examples of work
Wills, Trusts and Probate disputes
- Acted for beneficiaries in statutory will proceedings. Kellie defended an application in the Court of Protection and was successful in securing a substantial legacy for her clients.
- Pursuing a claim for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Kellie applied alternative dispute resolution techniques to broker a settlement between all parties without the need for court action.
- Defending an estate against a claim brought by an adult child of the deceased under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Acted in a contested, and particularly acrimonious, court application for the removal of an executor.
- Acted on a matter involving the breakdown of a business purchase agreement and the continuing effect of restrictive covenants. Kellie brokered a settlement of this claim in a without prejudice round table meeting between lawyers.
- Acted in a dispute between directors and a shareholders which culminated in the buyback of the outgoing member’s shareholding.
1 5 5Could not recommend Julie Taylor and her team highly enough. An excellent service!
1 5 5Julie Taylor was very helpful, approachable and efficient
1 5 5Julie Taylor, stand up and take a bow - you deserve a standing ovation. I am grateful for the manner you handled the sale of my home, in reall...
1 5 5We appreciated both the quality of advice and the trouble taken to keep us in the picture throughout a (to us at any rate!} quite complex situ...
1 5 5Thanks to Morrison's for helping me write a will - they listened to my concerns, answered a lot of questions I had and helped me to work out h...
1 5 5I used Morrisons to buy my first property. It was lovely to have such professional and supportive solicitors along the way especially when the...
1 5 5From my initial contact with Morrisons the level of professionalism and customer care was exceptional. Polite, helpful and efficient service f...
1 4 5I used this company for matrimonial issues. I found them knowledgeable and helpful. I am satisfied with the outcome achieved and I would recom...
1 5 5I am very happy to recommend the excellent services provided by Morrisons. I was looking for a firm of lawyers who would help, advise and abov...
1 5 5Protima advised me and completed a license to occupy and and lease renewal together with Paige kept me informed. I would definitely recommend ...
1 5 5Very thorough and professional service. Albeit nothing untoward found it was reassuring to know the severance agreement was in order.
1 5 5Our experience was made all the easier with Ms Sally Hutchinson advising us.