Kellie joined Morrisons in 2007 as a commercial litigator having trained and worked at a firm based in the City. Since qualification in 2004, Kellie has been successful in pursuing and defending matters through the civil courts. Kellie’s litigation practice involves high value, complex litigation flowing from business transactions, trusts and deceased estates.
Kellie has a strong practice in disputes involving company shareholders/directors, partnerships, restrictive covenants and breaches of business sale agreements. Kellie is a specialist in disputes surrounding the validity of wills, the administration of deceased estates, breach of trust, family property arrangements, the removal of executors/trustees and the bringing and defending of claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. In this sector, she represents clients in contentious applications to the Court of Protection involving statutory wills, deputyships and those involving the conduct of attorneys.
Kellie has a good eye for detail and can assimilate facts and identify the legal issues quickly. She takes a straight forward approach to her advice and is skilled at recognising practical solutions in order to maintain relationships where desirable. She always take a pragmatic approach and looks to achieve solutions swiftly.
Associations and memberships
- Associate of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Solicitors (ACTAPS)
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Charity Law Association
- Institute of Legacy Management
Something you may not know
One of Kellie’s highlights over the last 5 years is a visit to the Ice Hotel in Sweden where she spent a rather chilly night on a bed made of ice.
I cannot thank you enough for your amazing expertise, wisdom and support in these recent weeks, especially on the day of the mediation.
Examples of work
Wills, Trusts and Probate disputes
- Acted for beneficiaries in statutory will proceedings. Kellie defended an application in the Court of Protection and was successful in securing a substantial legacy for her clients.
- Pursuing a claim for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Kellie applied alternative dispute resolution techniques to broker a settlement between all parties without the need for court action.
- Defending an estate against a claim brought by an adult child of the deceased under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Acted in a contested, and particularly acrimonious, court application for the removal of an executor.
- Acted on a matter involving the breakdown of a business purchase agreement and the continuing effect of restrictive covenants. Kellie brokered a settlement of this claim in a without prejudice round table meeting between lawyers.
- Acted in a dispute between directors and a shareholders which culminated in the buyback of the outgoing member’s shareholding.
1 5 5We found Morrison’s Solicitors very helpful and professional. The documentation was clear and highlighted to help us throughout the process.
1 5 5On behalf of the lessees and myself I just want to say a big thank you. You have been extremely knowledgeable and considering the complexity ...
1 5 5Morrisons soothed and sorted me brilliantly and have done ever since, great advice and excellent and professional solicitors.
1 5 5We were always kept informed and knew exactly how our sale and purchase was progressing which allowed us to plan our move smoothly.
1 5 5Julie Taylor was excellent. She was efficient and kept us informed of the process all the way.
1 5 5It was, and still is, a pleasure to deal with the various members of staff both in the Wimbledon and Teddington offices.
1 5 5Morrisons have provided conveyancing services to us on four separate occasions and each time we have been very satisfied with the outcome. The...
1 5 5We had very good advice, guidance and careful attention to our needs throughout.
1 5 5Could not recommend Julie Taylor and her team highly enough. An excellent service!
1 5 5Julie Taylor was very helpful, approachable and efficient
1 5 5Julie Taylor, stand up and take a bow - you deserve a standing ovation. I am grateful for the manner you handled the sale of my home, in reall...
1 5 5We appreciated both the quality of advice and the trouble taken to keep us in the picture throughout a (to us at any rate!} quite complex situ...