In the second of our two part series we give you some more top tips on what you might want to do/consider if you are selling your Business and you operate that Business from a property:
1. Gather together any deeds (leases/title papers) that you have for that property or any property previously used.
2. Gather together any information relating to the management/running of the property – examples are:
- asbestos/fire surveys
- planning permissions
- service charge information
3. Make a note of anything that could impact on the buyer’s willingness to take on the property following the sale of the Business– an example is a dispute (no matter how large or small).
4. Is the property charged? If yes, for how much and what needs to be paid to the bank to release the charge on completion of the sale of the Business?
If you want to discuss the sale of your property as part of your Business or want more information about the above top tips or those from last week then contact Cathryn Pernstich of Morrisons Solicitors Redhill Office on 01737 854521 or [email protected].
Although correct at the time of publication, the contents of this newsletter/blog are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute, legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article. Please contact us for the latest legal position.