1. The Dog and Partridge public house in Yateley used to be the certified headquarters of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party which was established in 1983 by musician and politician, the late David Sutch (who was better known as ‘Screaming Lord Sutch’). Its one-time feline leader, ‘Catmandu’, was reported to be have killed by a road vehicle on Reading Road.
2. The Mall in Camberley has over 90 shops
3. Surrey Heath’s council is based in Knoll Road, Camberley
4. Bruce Woolley, writer of ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’
5. The average household size in Surrey Heath is 2.52 people and it’s the largest in Surrey!
6. Harry & Matthew Corbett, creators of Sooty and Sweep lived in Blackwater
7. In 2011 census the Aldershot Urban Area had a population of 252,937 (was the 29th largest urban area in the UK – this includes Aldershot, Farnborough and Farnham)
8. Collingwood College is one of the largest schools in Surrey with over 2,000 pupils
9. The Southern Scott Scramble, the first known motorcycle scrambling event, took place on Camberley Heath on 29 March 1924.
10. ‘Yate’ from Yateley derives from the term ‘Gate’ and ley often means a clearing in the woodland.
Join in our Camberley Takeover day today on twitter (@morrlaw.com) or facebook (Morrisons Solicitors) and let us know what you love about Camberley and Surrey Heath.
Although correct at the time of publication, the contents of this newsletter/blog are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute, legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article. Please contact us for the latest legal position.