Benefits of a career at Morr & Co
Birthday leave, Perk Box, Volunteering leave… just some of the rewards that make up the exciting benefits programme at Morr & Co.
From wellbeing to career development, we aim to make sure our people are getting the very best from their career and from life.
Up to 25 days (not including bank holidays) plus extra days given over Christmas.Find out more
We let you take an extra day off for your birthday, and a voucher worth £50.Find out more
Two days paid leave per year to volunteer with a charity of your choice.Find out more
The company will contribute 3% of your salary, rising to 5% after five years.Find out more
We have a private medical insurance scheme and cash plan. The scheme covers a wide variety of conditions and treatmentsFind out more
Access to Perkbox
A discount site featuring shopping discounts, gym memberships, holidays, freebies and many other perks .Find out more
Cycle to Work
Four times your basic annual salary paid tax free to your nominated person(s).Find out more
A discretionary ‘balanced scorecard’ bonus is paid subject to business profitability.Find out more
100% of salary for the first six weeks of eligible maternity, adoption or shared parental leave.Find out more
Other benefits include: Monthly Awards, Length of Service Awards, Paternity leave, Career Break, iPhone provision, Discount on Legal Services, Employee Introduction Fee, Employee Referral Fee, Free Eye Tests, Discount Shopping, Study Leave, Sponsored Study.
"A lot of the thing we do in terms of benefits are about wellbeing as well, or about trying to make people feel happy and healthy in the workplace and when they go home thinking about the workplace"
Jonathan Turner, Partner , Head of Residential Conveyancing.
More about the benefits...
Holiday has an important role to play in maintaining employees’ well-being. You will therefore receive 22 days holiday during your 1st year of employment. During your 2nd year, you will receive 23 days, over 2 years 24 days and after 2 years LOS, you will receive 25 days holiday.
All employees are entitled to the additional 8 days statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees). You will also receive additional time off between Christmas and New Year (this does not form part of your holiday entitlement)
We are committed to ensuring the mental and physical wellbeing being of all our staff.
We run a wellbeing programme with a number of initiatives for staff throughout the year. For example:
- Mental Health First Aid training for Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Champion qualifications. Numerous Champions across all our offices.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Bespoke Mindfulness training in-house and online
- Monthly fruit deliveries
- Flu jab vouchers
- Onsite massage
- Onsite spine checks
- Support emails to all staff with tips and advice for mental and physical wellbeing
- Bespoke training courses such as Coping with Adversity, Building Resilience, Stress Management
- Wellbeing Boards displayed in the offices
- Dementia Friends training
You will get one additional day leave to be taken on your birthday (or the nearest working day if your birthday falls on a non-working day). If you are unable to take your birthday leave on your birthday due to work pressure the leave can be taken either 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after your birthday date.
You will also receive a £50 birthday voucher!
We have teamed up with Perkbox to provide you with discount shopping across a wide range of shops and services. Examples of some of the discounts offered (at the time this was written) are:
- Free mobile phone insurance
- Discounts at popular restaurants
- Free Café Nero hot drink every month
- Free gifts throughout the year
- Free moving every month
- Heavily discounted cinema tickets
- Up to 10% savings at some popular high street stores
- Exclusive pricing on Apple products
- Up to 25% off gym membership with some of the best known gyms
- Discounts on flights, taxi and hotels
Take a look at Perkbox
If you meet the qualifying criteria, you will be auto enrolled in our Pension Scheme. The Company provides a Group Personal Pension Scheme which is designed to provide you with income in your retirement.
The Company will contribute 3% of your basis salary, increased to 5% after 5 years Length of Service.
This scheme is also available through a salary sacrifice scheme which will enable you to contribute more towards your Pension.
The company has a private medical insurance scheme and cash plan. The scheme covers a wide variety of conditions and details can be found here.
Our Policy offers additional benefits such as:
- Nuffield Health & DW Fitness First Gym Discount
- Spabreaks.com - Enjoy 15% off at over 3,500 spa experiences at Europe’s largest spa travel service.
- Yourgolftravel.com - £50 off all bookings for 4 or more people at over 3,000 destinations with the world’s largest golf travel company.
- Specsavers - £20 discount
Playing an active part on the communities we operate in is an important part of our business and is one of the core values of the firm.
The Employee Volunteering Policy will help employees get involved in their communities, including those people who cannot normally perform volunteer work because of personal commitments. It encourages employees to develop new skills and hone existing ones and offers them the satisfaction of making a contribution to the community and a break from their daily routine. The policy also benefits non profit organisations by providing volunteers who possess valuable skill sets and can offer fresh perspectives. Many volunteers tell stories of amazing life experiences – making new friends with people from all walks of life and deriving tremendous satisfaction from their time as a volunteer.
The Employee Volunteering Policy allows an employee to take two paid days off a year (either together or separately to volunteer with a charity of their choice.
Morr & Co are committed to the health and wellbeing of its employees and recognises that it has a responsibility to contribute towards tackling climate change. The Cycle to Work Scheme aims to address both these issues by promoting healthier journeys to and from work while contributing to a reduction in environmental pollution.
The scheme operates as a period of contractual salary sacrifice attracting a tax and National Insurance exemption which allows employers to provide cycles and safety equipment to employees as a tax-free benefit.
Employees hire a cycle and any cycle safety equipment which remains the property of the employer for a 12 month period, at the end of which the employee can purchase the cycle for a Fair Market Value payment. Employees request vouchers up to a maximum of £1,000 per agreement.
Under this scheme, you may also choose to hire cycle safety equipment. This may include:
- Bells and horns
- Mirrors and mudguards to ensure riders visibility is not impaired
- Cycle clips and dress guards
- Panniers, luggage carries and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried
- Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured
- Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle took its and tyre sealant to allow for minor repairs
- Reflective clothing
The Firm pays 100% of your salary for the first 6 weeks leave in regards to Maternity leave and 100% salary for the 1 of the two weeks Paternity Leave
Morr & Co encourages employees to further their professional, technical or vocational qualifications in order to maximise their full potential for the benefit of themselves and the firm.
There are four funding options that are available to employees:
- Full Financial Assistance – whereby the Businesses will meet all costs
- Half Payment – whereby the Businesses will pay half towards all costs (maximum amount £2,000 per annum)
- Half Payment and Salary payment deduction – whereby the Businesses will pay half towards all costs (maximum amount £2,000 per annum) and the other half is paid by the employee through a salary payment deduction over a 12 month period
- Full Salary payment deduction – whereby the full costs are met by the employee through a salary payment deduction over a 12 month period
Morr & Co have a study leave policy that allows their staff to take off up to 8 days of study leave and exam leave.