Wills, trusts and probate solicitors
Estate administration Solicitors
At a time of bereavement, the thought of dealing with a loved one’s financial affairs, even if they have left a Will, can be a daunting prospect. The task of administering an estate, and of having to field other people’s enquiries, can be a significant burden precisely at a time when you feel least able to deal with it.
Estate Administration Lawyers
As the personal representative of an estate, you have responsibility for its administration. Estate administration includes establishing the value of the assets owned by the deceased, paying debts, dealing with the payment of inheritance tax and other taxes where appropriate, and distributing the remaining funds to the beneficiaries.
Morrisons’ estate administration solicitors can help ease that burden and ensure that the estate administration process is handled with sensitivity and professionalism, taking as much of the stress and strain away from you and your family. We will support and guide you through the legal procedures and related tax issues and help you to understand your responsibilities to the deceased, the state and to the beneficiaries of the estate.
We also offer expert advice on the more complex areas of estate administration, including:
- International aspects of the deceased’s affairs (such as foreign tax on property)
- Post-death tax planning and mitigation, including deeds of variation
- Establishing and winding up discretionary trusts in Wills
- Resolving disputes relating to Contested Probate
- Our Residential Conveyancing team can assist in the legalities of selling any property in the estate, and we would be happy to liaise with them in this regard.
Recent Private Client
Morrisons Solicitors provided exceptional service - they went the extra mile for me. They acted throughout with exemplary efficiency and kindness.