Property disputes for businesses
We understand that a dispute is bad for business. When that dispute concerns property that is owned or occupied by your business, it can be particularly disruptive. Our property litigation solicitors help clients avoid or minimise that disruption and protect their commercial property interests.
As experienced litigators, we can see disputes coming and, working alongside our commercial property team, we are able to offer early stage advice and risk management strategies designed to avoid disputes in the first place.
When a dispute is unavoidable, we are able to pursue a range of options for resolving the issues is in the most cost-effective way so that you can get back to focusing on what matters.
Our services include:
- Landlord and tenant
- Property insolvency
- Professional negligence
- Development disputes
- Trespass claims
Below is a quick overview of a number of the ways in which the Morrisons team is able to support you, and your business.
- Issues with leases
Our team advise commercial clients on
- Recovery of rent arrears and service charge disputes
- Service of break notices
- Assigning or subletting without consent
- Landlord’s unreasonable withholding of consent
- Forfeiture / possession sought by landlords
- Insolvency of landlord or tenant
- Renewal of business leases under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Freehold and leasehold land
- Boundary and right of way disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Right of way disputes
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Leasehold reform work (including lease extensions and collective enfranchisement
- Professional negligence claims
- Extending you lease or buying your freehold
- Party Wall disputes
- Basement Extensions