Section 94 – Security to be given by building owner and adjoining owner
London Building Act 1894
An adjoining owner may if he think fit by notice in writing require the building owner (before commencing any work which he may be authorised by this part of this Act to execute) to give such security as may be agreed upon or in case of difference may be settled by the judge of the county court for the payment of all such expenses costs and compensation in respect of the work as may be payable by the building owner.
The building owner may if he thinks fit at any time after service on him of a party wall or party structure requisition by the adjoining owner and before beginning a work to which the requisition relates but not afterwards serve a counter requisition on the adjoining owner requiring him to give such security for payment of the expenses costs and compensation for which he is or will be liable as may be agreed upon or in case of difference may be settled as aforesaid.
If the adjoining owner do not within one month after service of that counter requisition give security accordingly he shall at the end of that month be deemed to have ceased to be entitled to compliance with his party wall or party structure requisition and the building owner may proceed as if no party wall or party structure requisition had been served on him by the adjoining owner.
The London Building Act 1894
- Section 5 – Definitions
- Section 87 – Rights of owners of adjoining lands respecting erection of walls on line of junction
- Section 88 – Rights of building owner
- Section 89 – Rights of adjoining owner
- Section 90 – Rules as to exercise of rights by building and adjoining owners
- Section 91 – Settlement of differences between building and adjoining owners
- Section 92 – Power for building owner to enter premises
- Section 93 – Building owner to underpin adjoining owner’s building
- Section 94 – Security to be given by building owner and adjoining owner
- Section 95 – Rules as to expenses in respect of party structures
- Section 96 – Account of expenses to be delivered to adjoining owner
- Section 97 – Adjoining owner may object to account
- Section 98 – Building owner may recover if no appeal made
- Section 99 – Structure to belong to building owner until contribution paid
- Section 100 – Adjoining owner liable to expenses incurred on his requisition
- Section 101 – Saving for lights in party walls etc.