Morr & Co Solicitors Reigate

Morr & Co Solicitors can trace its roots in Reigate back to 1729, when Michael Barnes bought 46 High Street, Reigate (now ASK) and established a firm of solicitors. It quickly became regarded as the most eminent law firm in Reigate. 

Since then, Morr & Co's solicitors have been been committed to providing outstanding legal services to the families and businesses in Reigate and the surrounding areas. Our solicitors helps individuals and families in Reigate negotiate the complexities of modern life and protect their assets.

In January 2022 Morrisons Solicitors rebranded to Morr & Co - read more about the brand story here

We’re a modern, forward-thinking law firm but the traditional values of integrity and trust continue to drive our firm and define the service we provide. Our solicitors provide individuals and businesses in Reigate with advise on:

For businesses, our solicitors advise on:

We support local charities, schools and community projects/events in Redhill and Reigate, as well as encouraging a vibrant business community.

Paul Harvey

Paul Harvey

Managing Partner

Quick Enquiry

Contact us

View our privacy policy regarding website enquiries.

Our contact form is currently down, please send your enquiry to [email protected] or call us on '01737 854 500'

288 years of history

1729
1812
1920
1940
1945
1963
1978
1988
1993
2000
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016
2017

Michael Barnes buys 46 High Street in Reigate and establishes a firm of solicitors. It quickly becomes regarded as the most eminent firm in town. The premises are now home to ASK Italian restaurant.

Michael Barnes Jnr dies and is succeeded by his son who immediately sets about expanding the business by hiring an articled clerk by the name of Ambrose Glover. The practice moves to Church Street in Reigate.

George Morrison, a solicitor from Newcastle, moves to Reigate and starts his own practice at 46 High Street in Reigate. The two practices merge.

As the new partners are admitted, the name of the firm changes to Morrison & Nightingale, then Morrison, Nightingale & Hewitt and then Morrison, Hewitt & Harris. During the 1800s, the firm manages the Priory Estates which consist of the Priories of Reigate, Nutfield, Limpsfield, Tadworth and Burstow.

The firm opens an office in Chancery Lane, London - the heart of London’s thriving legal district.

Frank Carter Morrison, the son of George Carter Morrison and grandson of George Morrison, retires.

After the Second World War, Richard Willows joins the firm, which becomes known as Morrison, Harris & Willows.

A permanent office is established at 39 Station Road, Redhill which is directly above NatWest Bank.

The firm changes name and becomes known as Morrisons Solicitors

The firm merges with local counterpart Richard Rose & Company. Paul Harvey, our current Managing Partner, joins the firm that year.

The Reigate and Redhill offices are relocated into Betchworth House, Redhill which provides the platform for growth facilitating specialisation and investment in the firm’s IT infrastructure.

In February Morrisons merged with Gravell & Co. In April, Morrisons moved to its current premises in Clarendon House in Redhill.

The firm merges with Mellows Richard West & Boag of Reigate.

Morrisons opens a second office in Knaphill following a merger with Alistair Ng Solicitors of Knaphill.

The firm merges with Fallows Solicitors of Redhill.

Morrisons open its third office in Raynes Park following a merger with Buckley Faville Solicitors of Raynes Park.

The firm merges with Cotton & Co of Ashtead.

The firm merges with Ernest W Warren in Merton Park.

Morrisons opens a further office in Horsell, following the merger with Kirtleys in Horsell.

Morrisons converts to a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). Its formal name is Morrisons Solicitors LLP, but it continues to trade as Morrisons. In the same month, The Knaphill and Horsell offices move to Woking following the merger with Gregsons of Woking.

The Raynes Park office moves into a prestigious new town centre premises in Wimbledon.

The firm achieves Lexcel accreditation.

The Woking office moves to new town centre premises. Morrisons launches online services such as Probate Direct.

Camberley office opens following the merger with Close Goff Humphreys.

The Firm achieves Quality Conveyancing Scheme accreditation from the Law Society.

Morrisons merge with Cowles Solicitors

Twickenham office opens following the merger with Merrony Wall.

Teddington office opens following the merger with Cozens Moxon & Harts. The Twickenham office moves into the new Teddington office.

Achieve the Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS) accreditation.

Camberley office relocates to larger offices in Knoll Road.

The Wimbledon team expand into Connect House to provide the growing team with new modern offices in Wimbledon town centre.

The firm is awarded Silver Accreditation by Investors in People.

The Redhill team move into brand new offices at 73 London Road, Redhill - called Prospero