Sarah is a solicitor in our Private Client department. She is based in the Court of Protection team and works on all aspects of Court of Protection matters.
Before joining Morrisons, Sarah gained experience as a paralegal in different areas of the law such as family law, employment law, immigration, and corporate commercial law. As a trainee solicitor, she gained further experience in litigation, property, and probate. Sarah makes use of her wide ranging legal experiences in Court of Protection matters and has dealt with a variety of contentious and non-contentious cases, such as:
- Statutory Will applications;
- Applications for the appointment and removal of a Deputy;
- Mediation with joint Deputies to resolve conflict;
- Trustee Act Applications;
- Managing the Property and Affairs of a French national;
- Representing a Protected Party in an application to the Home Office for leave to remain in the UK;
- Attending the House of Lords to discuss the subject of investments within Court of Protection matters;
- Advising on the effects of undue influence on a Protected Party’s mental capacity within Court proceedings.
Sarah has also dealt with the administration of estates as well as drafting Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney. Sarah continues to broaden her experiences in our Court of Protection department and enjoys the challenging and interesting cases that comes with this evolving area of law.
Sarah is a keen hiker and runner. Having ran a 5k in 2016, the Vitality 10k in 2017, she is currently training for a triathlon. Sarah also enjoys travelling and has spent time after qualifying as a solicitor travelling and volunteering in Latin America and the Amazon jungle. Highlights of her trip included swimming with sharks and sea lions in the Galapagos Islands, learning to swim in the seas of Caribbean Island of San Andres, and admiring the constellations of stars in the Amazon jungle at night.