Joel is a trainee solicitor at Morrisons having joined the firm as a paralegal in March 2015. Since then, Joel predominantly worked in the Dispute Resolution department supporting Catherine Fisher, the Head of Department before starting his training contract. Joel is due to qualify as a solicitor in 2019.
Joel has a broad range of litigation experience including commercial, property and party wall litigation as well as matrimonial finance litigation and Children Act applications. Joel regularly attends Court to shadow counsel and has even conducted his own hearings having enjoyed success in each area.
Joel is a keen footballer, with his greatest success to date being captaining his five a side team to league winning glory in their first season together. Joel is an avid Arsenal fan (for his sins) and is regularly in attendance at the Emirates.
Aside from football, Joel enjoys keeping fit and participating in charitable long distance runs, with his latest challenge being the Surrey half marathon.
“Joel has a refreshing and positive approach. He listens very well, understands the issues involved, and has helped us draw up some excellent and concise legal documents, which have in turn served our company well. He knows and understands our business, and the legal issues that we face. He has an excellent working knowledge, is very professional and full of enthusiasm. A pleasure to work with.”
John Tubridy, Office Manager at Peter Barry Chartered Surveyors.
- Assisted counsel at a four day trial in the Central London County Court for a successful claim under the Party Wall Act 1996.
- Assisted in the negotiations and drafting of a complex order recording the agreement of the repayment of a £300,000 debt due to a multinational bank by an elderly client, contingent on the sale of multiple properties.
- Lead on numerous matters recovering party wall surveyors’ fees owed to them by under a party wall award. Successfully negotiated settlements or recovering the debt after a final hearing.
- Advised on a range of contract disputes including a house developer’s liability for whether an overage clause had been triggered in the residential development of a pub for a claim worth £50,000
- Drafted costs submissions following the conclusion of a successful hearing and entered into negotiations to amend a party wall award in our client’s favour
1 4 5We used Morrisons to purchase a freehold property and we very happy with the service provided by our principal contact, Sarah McNish, who deal...
1 5 5The advice and guidance I received was very thorough. The team were very flexible in their approach; my views were taken into account. Also I ...
1 5 5Whenever we contacted Morrisons our queries were always dealt with promptly and all members of staff we spoke to were efficient, polite and he...
1 5 5Morrisons are caring Solicitors who always deliver and nothing is too much trouble. Their advice is greatly appreciated and nothing ever seems...
1 5 5I found all the staff I had dealings with to be friendly and understanding which made the whole experience much easier.
1 5 5Could not recommend Julie Taylor and her team highly enough. An excellent service!
1 5 5I would just like to thank Jonathan so much for all the wonderful help, support and advice he gave me during the rather protracted buying proc...
1 5 5Julie Taylor was very helpful, approachable and efficient
1 5 5Julie Taylor, stand up and take a bow - you deserve a standing ovation. I am grateful for the manner you handled the sale of my home, in reall...
1 5 5Jane from Morrisons was instrumental in getting us through a time constrained sale process. We had unique issues, and Jane's advice helped us ...
1 5 5We appreciated both the quality of advice and the trouble taken to keep us in the picture throughout a (to us at any rate!} quite complex situ...
1 5 5Thanks to Morrison's for helping me write a will - they listened to my concerns, answered a lot of questions I had and helped me to work out h...