Joel is a trainee solicitor at Morrisons having joined the firm as a paralegal in March 2015. Since then, Joel predominantly worked in the Dispute Resolution department supporting Catherine Fisher, the Head of Department before starting his training contract. Joel is due to qualify as a solicitor in 2019.
Joel has a broad range of litigation experience including commercial, property and party wall litigation as well as matrimonial finance litigation and Children Act applications. Joel regularly attends Court to shadow counsel and has even conducted his own hearings having enjoyed success in each area.
Joel is a keen footballer, with his greatest success to date being captaining his five a side team to league winning glory in their first season together. Joel is an avid Arsenal fan (for his sins) and is regularly in attendance at the Emirates.
Aside from football, Joel enjoys keeping fit and participating in charitable long distance runs, with his latest challenge being the Surrey half marathon.
“Joel has a refreshing and positive approach. He listens very well, understands the issues involved, and has helped us draw up some excellent and concise legal documents, which have in turn served our company well. He knows and understands our business, and the legal issues that we face. He has an excellent working knowledge, is very professional and full of enthusiasm. A pleasure to work with.”
John Tubridy, Office Manager at Peter Barry Chartered Surveyors.
- Assisted counsel at a four day trial in the Central London County Court for a successful claim under the Party Wall Act 1996.
- Assisted in the negotiations and drafting of a complex order recording the agreement of the repayment of a £300,000 debt due to a multinational bank by an elderly client, contingent on the sale of multiple properties.
- Lead on numerous matters recovering party wall surveyors’ fees owed to them by under a party wall award. Successfully negotiated settlements or recovering the debt after a final hearing.
- Advised on a range of contract disputes including a house developer’s liability for whether an overage clause had been triggered in the residential development of a pub for a claim worth £50,000
- Drafted costs submissions following the conclusion of a successful hearing and entered into negotiations to amend a party wall award in our client’s favour
1 5 5A really good example of why doing things right and using the services of a highly skilled and professional legal team is the right thing to do
1 5 5We were always kept informed and knew exactly how our sale and purchase was progressing which allowed us to plan our move smoothly.
1 5 5We received really excellent service and advice from Kate and would have no hesitation in recommending Morrisons to anyone else
1 5 5Kate was very professional and helpful throughout.
1 5 5A fantastically friendly, efficient service that provided a very effective solution to my requirements.
1 5 5We were very impressed with the service provided by Morrisons from start to finish. We were updated regularly and never had to chase queries. ...
1 5 5I found the whole process of selling the house, straightforward, relatively stress free... I have to thank the Gaia Dart and the whole team at...
1 5 5Morrisons Solicitors are helpful, professional and straightforward in all aspects.
1 5 5Julie Taylor was excellent. She was efficient and kept us informed of the process all the way.
1 5 5Always pleased with the service provided by Mandy Humphrey
1 5 5Absolute satisfaction for the service I required.
1 5 5I engaged Morrisons Solicitors to help me reach a settlement agreement with my employer. Joanne Kavanagh showed the utmost patience, kindness ...