Joel is a trainee solicitor at Morrisons having joined the firm as a paralegal in March 2015. Since then, Joel predominantly worked in the Dispute Resolution department supporting Catherine Fisher, the Head of Department before starting his training contract. Joel is due to qualify as a solicitor in 2019.
Joel has a broad range of litigation experience including commercial, property and party wall litigation as well as matrimonial finance litigation and Children Act applications. Joel regularly attends Court to shadow counsel and has even conducted his own hearings having enjoyed success in each area.
Joel is a keen footballer, with his greatest success to date being captaining his five a side team to league winning glory in their first season together. Joel is an avid Arsenal fan (for his sins) and is regularly in attendance at the Emirates.
Aside from football, Joel enjoys keeping fit and participating in charitable long distance runs, with his latest challenge being the Surrey half marathon.
“Joel has a refreshing and positive approach. He listens very well, understands the issues involved, and has helped us draw up some excellent and concise legal documents, which have in turn served our company well. He knows and understands our business, and the legal issues that we face. He has an excellent working knowledge, is very professional and full of enthusiasm. A pleasure to work with.”
John Tubridy, Office Manager at Peter Barry Chartered Surveyors.
- Assisted counsel at a four day trial in the Central London County Court for a successful claim under the Party Wall Act 1996.
- Assisted in the negotiations and drafting of a complex order recording the agreement of the repayment of a £300,000 debt due to a multinational bank by an elderly client, contingent on the sale of multiple properties.
- Lead on numerous matters recovering party wall surveyors’ fees owed to them by under a party wall award. Successfully negotiated settlements or recovering the debt after a final hearing.
- Advised on a range of contract disputes including a house developer’s liability for whether an overage clause had been triggered in the residential development of a pub for a claim worth £50,000
- Drafted costs submissions following the conclusion of a successful hearing and entered into negotiations to amend a party wall award in our client’s favour
1 5 5I have to thank Heather as she made the whole process very straightforward and easy to deal with
1 5 5I found both Rod and Sue to be very caring and compassionate ... showing kindness and understanding for which I thank them.
1 5 5Mrs Humphrey is an excellent solicitor
1 5 5From the moment I engaged the team the service received was exemplary and I would not hesitate to use their services in the future.
1 5 5Morrisons gave us the time and patience that was necessary without ever wasting time or money. The positive end result was down to Jon Turner.
1 5 5We found Morrison’s Solicitors very helpful and professional. The documentation was clear and highlighted to help us throughout the process.
1 5 5On behalf of the lessees and myself I just want to say a big thank you. You have been extremely knowledgeable and considering the complexity ...
1 5 5I would without reservation recommend Heather Chudasama to family & friends. I have used Morrisons for a number of services & their st...
1 5 5The solicitor at Morrisons was very professional and helpful, and gave us the peace of mind that we ended up with exactly what we wanted.
1 5 5Morrisons helped enormously in a complex situation and provided excellent advice and carried through the process to full implementation.
1 5 5Sarah Ahchoon was very helpful and understanding, keeping us up to date with the progress and always informing us about what to do and expect.
1 5 5Morrisons soothed and sorted me brilliantly and have done ever since, great advice and excellent and professional solicitors.