Graham is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team, based in Redhill. He specialises in real estate litigation, advising businesses and individuals on how to protect and enhance their property interests. Prior to joining Morrisons, Graham worked for City Law firm, Pinsent Masons. He is able to draw upon a wealth of experience acting for FTSE 100 companies, major financial institutions, as well as private investors and property owners.
Graham’s principal area of expertise lies in landlord and tenant disputes and commercial asset management. He also has considerable experience in disputes arising out of the development of land, such as securing vacant possession and defending or enforcing claims regarding easements, prescriptive rights, nuisance and trespass.
As well as a litigation specialist, Graham offers an expert advisory service on land transactions during negotiations and post-completion.
Graham qualified in Scotland in 2008 and was admitted as a solicitor in England in 2010. Graham is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association. He is also a regular speaker at conferences, including the CPD lecture circuit for the Royal Institute for Chartered Surveyors
Something you may not know
Graham originates from Scotland and is a long suffering (and hopelessly optimistic) supporter of their national football team. Graham is also a keen golfer and once played golf with Scotland’s (then) first Minister.
Lina Mattsson of counsel, Hardwicke
I have worked with Graham for a number of years on a wide range of property disputes. He will always fight his client’s case robustly, achieving the best result for the client. He is also extremely commercial and will give his clients sound pragmatic advice. He can be summed up as an excellent property litigator.
Commercial Landlord and Tenant
- Acted for a major supermarket in a dispute concerning the proposed development and change of use of their of stores. The case involves the enforcement of the tenant’s alienation and alterations covenants.
- Acting for a private landlord, Graham successfully obtained a Court order reinstating the lease of retail premises in South East London following the tenant’s claim that it had terminated by surrender by operation of law. The decision resulted in payment of rent arrears, interest and costs on an indemnity basis.
- Graham manages a large portfolio of branches for a high street bank, including business tenancy renewals (opposed and unopposed) dilapidations, enforcement of lease covenants and issues relating to insolvency.
- Acting for a private aerodrome in the management of their hangers and commercial units, as well as advising on issues relating to site clearance and development.
Land and development disputes
- Acting for a private developer, Graham successfully enforced a settlement agreement involving the transfer of a development site and the release of various rights of way. The principal issue in dispute concerned the amount of land that was intended to be transferred. After a 4 day hearing, the Court found in the developer’s favour on this key issue.
- Acting for a property owner in a dispute concerning the enforcement of a prescriptive right of way over a development site in South East London.
Residential and leasehold property
- Acts for landlords and leaseholders in disputes concerning residential service charges and the enforcement of leasehold covenants.
1 5 5Marie successfully defended me from a false claim brought by a difficult complainant. Thanks for being responsive and grasping the matter quic...
1 5 5We would not hesitate to recommend Morrisons. They gave us great advice and were always available to discuss our matter in more detail.
1 5 5Matthew Hearsum listened to my constant chatter with such patience. He repeatedly explained things I didn't understand with clarity and good g...
1 5 5Our experience was made all the easier with Ms Sally Hutchinson advising us.