Does your business have employees with excessive levels of stress? Do you know what practical steps you can take to minimise stress within your organisation? Can you manage stressed employees so as to comply with your legal obligations and avoid the risk of claims?
The employment team at Morrisons Solicitors are joining forces with Minding Your Business to present two complementary breakfast stress management seminars at Reigate Manor Hotel. On 21 October 2015, Jane Cattermole, who has been providing training and recruitment /retention services to high profile, blue chip organisations as well as in the public and third sector for 20 years, will outline practical steps you can take to recognise and prevent stress within your organisation. On 4 November 2015, Joanne Kavanagh, Head of Employment and Emma McLoughlin a solicitor in the employment team at Morrisons solicitors, will guide you through the pitfalls of dealing with a specific stress situation when it all goes wrong. We will discuss a practical case study involving Cheryl, an overworked customer services administrator who is off sick due to excessive stress and fails to attend disciplinary proceedings instigated due to customer complaints.
If these issues are a concern to you then we can help so that you avoid situations like these:
• Employee awarded £72,000 due to a lack of enquiry into health following sickness absence (Barber v Somerset CC)
• Stress – Now the single biggest cause of sickness in the UK*
• Teacher who was unfairly dismissed while on sick leave arising from stress awarded £15,000 (Hetherington v Darlington BC)
• Over 105 million days lost to stress each year – costing UK an estimated £1.24 billion*
• Compensation of £175,000 for employee who suffered from work-related stress (Walker v Northumberland CC)
For more information, please click: https://www.morrlaw.com/event/seminar-how-to-recognise-and-deal-with-excessive-stress-at-work/
*source: Health & Safety Executive