The Government accepted the Low Pay Commission’s recommendations in their report in March 2014 and accordingly from today, the national minimum wage rates will increase as follows:
1. The adult rate will increase from £6.31 by 19p to £6.50 an hour
2. The rate for 18 – 20 year olds will increase from £5.03 by 10p to £5.13 an hour
3. The rate for 16 – 17 year olds will increase from £3.72 by 7p to £3.79 an hour
4. The apprentice rate will increase from £2.68 by 5p to £2.73 an hour
5. The accommodation set off will increase from £4.91 by 17p to £5.08 a day
The Government has also agreed to review the entitlement of migrant domestic workers to the national minimum wage and we will keep you informed of any developments in this regard. Many employees are now being paid the national minimum wage and the Labour Party is proposing to increase it to £8.00 per hour from 2020.
For further information please contact a member of our employment team or call 01737 854 500 or email [email protected]