Morr & Co Solicitors
Corporate Compliance and Company Secretarial
Accurate record keeping and filings are essential to the smooth running of a business.
Company secretarial duties and complying with corporate statutory obligations can be a significant and time-consuming responsibility. There are serious consequences for non-compliance, ranging from transactional delays to automatic strike-off.
Our experienced corporate lawyers (along with our fixed fee Company Secretarial Administration service) can help you navigate these requirements, allowing you to concentrate on operating your business.
All incorporated businesses, whether limited companies or limited liability partnerships, must comply with legal regulations concerning record keeping and filing of documents.
Failing to comply with the requirements for proper record keeping and filing at Companies House can result in fines for the company and/or its directors and may ultimately result in the company being struck off. It can also cause problems with obtaining credit and other operational issues, as banks and trading partners routinely examine a company’s public records.
Morr & Co LLP’s Company Secretarial Administration services
In addition to providing advice on specific matters, we also offer a company secretarial administration service to help clients manage day to day compliance. This comprises three packages: Standard, Premium and Ultimate.
These packages are summarised below, and you can also download a pdf here which provides full details, including a package comparison and pricing.
- A registered office address in London SW19 7JY where official documents for the company will be sent. You can continue to use an alternative trading address.
- Forwarding correspondences received at the registered office after screening junk mail.
- Hold your company registers in a compliant format and providing prints on request.
The premium package includes all of the benefits of our standard package, but we will also:
- Regularly update your statutory registers with changes made at Companies House.
- Prepare and file annual confirmation statements at Companies House, following your approval.
- Prepare and file notices of director appointments and resignations (at Companies House and in your director register).
- Prepare and file any PSC changes (at Companies House and in your PSC register).
- Prepare and file dormant company accounts (if appropriate), following your approval.
This is our most comprehensive package. It provides all of the benefits of the Standard and Premium packages along with full maintenance of the company’s statutory registers and a yearly review with a solicitor. Furthermore, upon notification from you we will:
- Update the statutory registers (including the members’ register, the registers of transfers and allotments etc.).
- Make all necessary filings with Companies House that can be competed electronically (other than statutory accounts, unless dormant).
- Issue share certificates to any new shareholders.
- Issue dividend vouchers to shareholders.
- Upon request, prepare stock transfer forms to be submitted to HMRC for stamping.
- Provide an annual review with a lawyer in our corporate team.
How can we help?
News and insights
Insights - 07/12/2021
Duties of Designated Members of an LLPview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 08/11/2021
Business Lasting Powers of Attorneyview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 08/11/2021
Corporate Complianceview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 18/06/2021
On, and On, and On it goes…view all corporate and finance news
Insights - 21/05/2021
New national security controlsview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 30/03/2021
Employee Ownership Trustsview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 25/11/2020
Covid 19 – Round 2: Business Interru...view all corporate and finance news
Insights - 30/10/2020
Off-payroll working rulesview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 30/09/2020
Locked Box Completion Mechanismview all corporate and finance news
News - 31/07/2020
M&A Briefing: Asset v Share Saleview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 30/06/2020
Know your limitsview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 27/05/2020
Corporate Insolvency and Governance Billview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 05/05/2020
Covid-19: Brave New Worldview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 17/04/2020
Covid-19: Guidance for businessview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 02/04/2020
Covid-19: CBILS & Personal Guaranteesview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 12/03/2020
Covid-19: Legal Implicationsview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 28/02/2020
Entrepreneurs Relief: At risk?view all corporate and finance news
Insights - 31/01/2020
Will March bring relief for entrepreneurs?view all corporate and finance news
Insights - 26/09/2019
Post Brexit Data Protectionview all corporate and finance news
Insights - 30/08/2019