In the first of a two part series we give some top tips on what you might want to do/consider if you are selling your Business and you operate that Business from a property:
- Make a list of any property that the Business occupies/owns now or has occupied or owned in the past.
- Speak to your Accountant to obtain advice on VAT, Capital Gains etc.
- Will the buyer continue to occupy the property when you have sold the Business?
- Does a third party occupy the property? Will it occupy the property following the sale of the Business?
- Does the Business lease the property? If yes, will the landlord’s consent to the sale of the property be needed?
If you want to discuss the sale of your property as part of your Business or want more information about the above top tips then contact Cathryn Pernstich of Morrisons Solicitors Redhill Office (www.morrlaw.com) on 01737 854521 or [email protected].
Although correct at the time of publication, the contents of this newsletter/blog are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute, legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article. Please contact us for the latest legal position.