During the month of May we invited our local communities to vote in a charity competition to decide where to allocate our £1,000 charity donation.
The result has been overwhelming with hundreds of votes pouring in for the five regional charities that we support:
- Relate Mid Surrey, who carry out relationship counselling, family counselling, and young people’s counselling in Reigate, Epsom and Leatherhead
- Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, who provide specialist palliative care to adult patients and their families who have been affected by a terminal illness
- Age UK Merton, who delivers a number of services, provide advice and speak up for those that cannot speak for themselves.
- INS, who provide ongoing support for people who are living with Neurological conditions taking over after the NHS stops.
- LinkAble, provide children, teenagers and adults with learning disabilities a place of support and respite throughout the year.
We are proud to announce that INS won with over 42% of the public vote and will receive a cheque for £500. Relate Mid Surry, Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, Age UK Merton and Linkable will all receive £125 as runners up.
Thanks to everyone who voted and of course to our five charities who all contribute in different ways to our local communities.