During the month of May we invited our local communities to vote in a charity competition to decide where to allocate our £1,000 charity donation.
The result has been overwhelming with hundreds of votes pouring in for the five regional charities that we support:
- Relate Mid Surrey, who carry out relationship counselling, family counselling, and young people’s counselling in Reigate, Epsom and Leatherhead
- Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, who provide specialist palliative care to adult patients and their families who have been affected by a terminal illness
- Age UK Merton, who delivers a number of services, provide advice and speak up for those that cannot speak for themselves.
- INS, who provide ongoing support for people who are living with Neurological conditions taking over after the NHS stops.
- LinkAble, provide children, teenagers and adults with learning disabilities a place of support and respite throughout the year.
We are proud to announce that INS won with over 42% of the public vote and will receive a cheque for £500. Relate Mid Surry, Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, Age UK Merton and Linkable will all receive £125 as runners up.
Thanks to everyone who voted and of course to our five charities who all contribute in different ways to our local communities.
Although correct at the time of publication, the contents of this newsletter/blog are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute, legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article. Please contact us for the latest legal position.