The team regularly deals with commercial, insolvency, professional negligence and corporate disputes, among others. Solicitors at Morrisons have acted at all levels of the legal system, including international and High Court disputes, as well as the County Court. Our team also has a strong grounding in commercial litigation.
Our clients are drawn from all walks of commerce and industry, but we are particularly recognised for our expertise in the car industry, recruitment, healthcare and security sectors, as well as disputes involving professional practices.
The best outcome from a dispute is not always reached through the courts and we will always discuss with you alternative methods of settlement before deciding on a course of action.
Some common commercial and business disputes where we can help are outlined below.
MorrAudit has been developed for businesses of all sizes to ensure that any issues are highlighted before they escalate and become expensive to resolve. The audit is a preventative measure and is a health check for the company.Return to top
Disputes concerning customer versus supplier, or agent versus a principle or distributor.
Disagreements following the sale or purchase of a business or its assets, breach of warranty claim or breach of contract matters. Morrisons also assists in the breakdown of relationships within a corporation or partnership.
Matters concerning trademark, copyright and passing off claims.
Recovery of rent and service charges, enforcement of tenant covenants and issues with contentious lease renewal processes.
Corporate and individual compulsory insolvency is one of Morrisons’ specialist areas of expertise. We can assist in pursuing or resisting insolvency petitions, as well as aid insolvency practitioners, individuals and companies in matters arising in the aftermath of insolvency.
If you have received advice or a service that you are unhappy with and which has resulted in you suffering loss or damage, Morrisons can assist in finding a suitable solution.
Arbitration is a common and popular method of dispute resolution. Without resorting to the courts, it allows parties to agree a course of action. Morrisons has qualified Arbitrators and can provide expert advice and representation to ensure the best possible chances of success.
Health & Safety
We have experience in the following areas:
- Personal injury - in circumstances where an individual has been injured as a result of a failure to adopt procedures or as a result of a failure in health and safety standards, policies and procedures. This can include employer obligations but also local councils, utility companis.
- Advice in relation to induction packs and induction processes for staff, particularly in relation to safety in the work place such as being shown where fire exits are, areas of congregation and DSE Assessment.
- Advising companies in relation to any staff training i.e fit for purpose training for day to day duties together with ongoing courses to comply with training of staff in compliance with HSE codes of practice.
- Home workers and those who run their own companies from home- especially in instances where meetings are held at their home. Do they comply with fire regulation procedures, do they have appropriate insurance if an injury were to be suffered by a client at their home.
- Compliance with Company Health and Safety obligations and ensuring policies are in place to protect the company and its employees.
- Dealing with Enforcement notices issued by the HSE and prosecutions.