Commercial and company disputes
Your time and your energy should be spent running and developing your business; and the frustrations of dealing with a dispute is a distraction that costs you, not only in money, but in time away from your business. Our solicitors are highly experienced in running complex and multi-party claims. We will work with you to establish your objectives, understand the commercial context and analyse the strength of your position. We are experienced in fast moving and high pressure applications for injunctive relief and expedited trials, as well as in alternative dispute resolution: adjudication, expert determination, arbitration (ad hoc and scheme-led) and mediation.
Our lawyers include qualified arbitrators and mediators and we are all experienced and robust negotiators. We are experts in our fields. Where necessary we work across our specialist teams, involving colleagues from our corporate, employment and probate teams.
We regularly assist our clients with:
• Shareholder disputes and deadlocked companies
• Directors’ liability (misfeasance and misconduct claims)
• Commercial contract disputes
• Professional negligence claims (particularly against solicitors, accountants and surveyors).
We can advise Insolvency Practitioners, companies and directors on
• Misfeasance, fraudulent or wrongful trading; directors’ disqualification
• Antecedent transactions (Transfers at undervalue and preferences)
• Applications for validation orders
• Applications to restore dissolved companies to the Register